everyone keeps telling me to cut my hair and i’m just like…. nah
- DC: Wonder Woman is too difficult to find a movie audience for-
- Marvel: YO YOU LIKE BLACK WIDOW? HERE SHE IS IN THE NEXT CAPTAIN AMERICA MOVIE WITH A TON OF SCREENTIME AND MAJOR ASSKICKING SKILLS
- DC: We can't allow the lesbians in Batwoman to get married in the comic, sorry.
- Marvel: HEY GUESS WHAT WE'RE GONNA FEATURE A GAY WEDDING ON THE COVER OF AN X-MEN ISSUE
- DC: The new direction for storytelling needs to be dark, gritty, mature and cynical.
- Marvel: DUDE CHECK IT OUT LOKI GOES SPEED DATING IS THAT NOT THE BEST SHIT EVER
- DC: After years of rumors, the Superman/Batman movie is finally coming, but with a new actor and suit for Batman and MAYBE a cameo from Wonder Woman.
- Marvel: PHASE 2 MOTHERFUCKERS EVERYONE IS IN EVERYONE'S MOVIE AND THERE AIN'T NO STOPPIN US NOW
- DC: We can try to add maybe one or two 'people of color' to our lineup...maybe...
- Marvel: NEW MS MARVEL THAT'S MUSLIM AMERICAN, BITCHES.
- DC: We feel no problem with Batman's vengeful personality being like wet cardboard.
- Marvel: NEW LATINA GHOST RIDER WHO SEEKS VENGEANCE WHILE TAKING HIS AWEET LIL BRO FOR ICE CREAM
- DC: We can't mention any superhero titles in our movies, that's ridiculous.
- Marvel: FUCK YEAH YOU WANT A RACOON VOICED BY BRADLEY COOPER WITH A GIANT GUN? YOU WANT VIN DIESEL PLAYING A TREE? AMY FUCKING POND PLAYING A SEXY BALD SPACE PIRATE? HERE YOU FUCKERS GO
- DC: Our fanbase is mostly white males, I'm sure our focus is-
- Marvel: NEW SHE HULK LINE WHERE SHE GOES TO COURT THEN SAVES NEW YORK
- DC: Wait-
- Marvel: NEW FEMALE THOR
- DC: I didn't-
- Marvel: NEW BLACK CAPTAIN AMERICA
- Marvel: TAKE ALL THIS COOL SHIT MARVEL BE OUTIE
- Marvel: PEACE
please don’t say you love me
six selfies is cool and all but what about six pictures of me as a baby A+
don’t hold your tongue
i know we’re done
i’m not an idiot
there’s no coming back
from where we’ve been
and who we’ve been with
but these are not the people
we thought that we would touch
but i’m scared that if i see you
i’ll start missing you too much
i know i felt like home
a year ago
when this was new
we’ll learn who we are
when we drift apart
when we drift
but when did we become so old
tomorrow i turn twenty four
and i’m still chasing the dreams
we had in high school
now we’re clinging onto objects
that someone else had touched
in hopes that we still smell them
in the fabric and the dust
i took the book you wrote me
and i tore it into shreds
but i still keep it in a shoe box
in a space next to my bed
i want to hold you until i’m empty
and i’ve got nothing left
so when you let me go
could you do it slow
and i’m sorry that i went away
i just needed some time to make
the pain into something
you can hold
The finished booklet - filled to the very brim with all your sad, sweet, heartbreaking feelings, confessions, and fears. When i hold this book it’s almost an overwhelming feeling, knowing all of these peoples greatest worries and secrets are in the palm of my hand. Thank you to all of the people who sent in your words, you are all beautiful!